Who We Are.
Reigniting adventures with osteoarthritis is Possible!
An adventure is anything that makes you happy and that is worth keeping alive. But osteoarthritis can make your adventures seem impossible…
You shouldn’t have to let pain stop you from living your best life. It’s time you feel hope again, instead of frustration. I am here to bring confidence back into your life and help you break free from your arthritis pain.
Meet Dr. Alyssa Kuhn, PT
Dr. Alyssa Kuhn is a physical therapist in Salt Lake City, UT, osteoarthritis specialist, and founder of Keep the Adventure Alive. She is a transplant from the midwest and has been taking advantage of life in the mountains ever since.
She loves to hike, ski, road bike, and explore all of the beauty Utah has to offer. She is also a Certified Level One Crossfit Instructor and has led Masters Crossfit classes for those over 50. She is living adventures every day and wants you to as well.
She specializes in osteoarthritis treatment because she found through her physical therapy career, people were getting premature surgeries and ending up with life changing pain in their 40s and 50s because of this condition. This can be prevented when you know what options you have and other ways you can find pain relief, aside from surgery.
She has a YouTube channel where she shares some of the best tips and tricks when it comes to finding osteoarthritis pain relief, subscribe HERE.
In order to spread the word about how to thrive in the later years, she wrote and published a book called Move Well Age Well: How to Rock the Later Years with Fitness and Mindset. Pain and weakness are not inevitable with age and there are lots of different ways we can prevent both! This book truly encompasses positivity around getting older.
Press & guest appearances
- 50-plus Today: 4 Ways to Reduce Swelling of the Knee so you can Adventure
- Gerinotes: 5 Commonly Missed Principles for Treating Osteoarthritis
- Hiking For Her: Hiking with Arthritic Knees
- Bustle: 10 Walking HIIT Workouts That Bring the Sweat
- Kettlebell Kings: Full Body Kettlebell Workout
- Kettlebell Kings: Why you Should be Using Kettlebells over 50
- POPSugar: Are Lunges Bad For Your Knees?
- REALSimple: How to Stay Healthy if you Sit at a Computer All Day
- Albano Clinic: Knee Exercises After Regenerative Cell Injection
- Senior Hiker Magazine: Contributor in Issue Eleven 2021
- Healthline: The Definitive Guide to Adapt Your Fitness Routine for Every Phase of Life
- Eat This Not That: Secret Tricks for Walking for Exercise
- Garage Gym Reviews: Benefits of Exercise for Older Adults, According to Experts
- MyFitnessPal: 5 Ways to Progress from Walking to Running
- VeryWellHealth: Best Walkers for Seniors 2022
- Travel Awaits: 9 Tips for Keeping your Mind and Body Sharp After You Retire
Podcast Guest Appearances:
- Rebellious Wellness Over 50: Don’t Let Arthritis Keep You From Adventure
- Magnificent Midlife: Living Well with Osteoarthritis
- Run Smarter Series: Empowering Runners Who Have Osteoarthritis
- Pursue Your Spark: How to Stay Active With Osteoarthritis
- Modern Management of the Older Adult: Osteoarthritis Management
- Over 50 Health and Wellness: Adventure Has No Age Limit
- Strong and Lean at Any Age: Arthritis 101
- Discover with Dr. Dan: Arthritis Treatment- Understanding what does and does not work
- Reshape your Health: Exercising with Osteoarthritis